José Ignacio Cabezón
José Ignacio Cabezón is XIVth Dalai Lama Professor of Tibetan Buddhism and Cultural Studies, and former chair of the Religious Studies Department at UC Santa Barbara. He has published a dozen books and numerous articles related to Tibetan and Buddhist Studies including several translations. His most recent books include Sera Monastery (Wisdom, 2019), Sexuality in Classical South Asian Buddhism (Wisdom, 2017), The Just King (Snow Lion, 2017), The Buddhist Doctrine and the Nine Vehicles (Oxford, 2012), and Tibetan Ritual (Oxford, 2010).
2 Library Items
Affiliations & relations
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Department of Religious Studies
- 1989-2001: Assistant, Associate and Full Professor of Buddhism and Comparative Thought, Iliff School of Theology, Denver, Colorado.
- 1992 (Winter): Visiting Professor, Dept of Religion, University of Colorado, Boulder.
- 1988-1989: Lecturer, Center for Comparative Studies in the Humanities, The Ohio State University, Columbus.
- 1987-1988: Visiting Assistant Professor, Dept. of Religion, Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut.
- 1986-1987: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Religion, Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota · workplace affiliation
- Dalai Lama XIV, Endowed Chair · religious affiliation
- Dalai Lama, the 14th · teacher
- http://www.religion.ucsb.edu/people/faculty/jose-cabezon/ · websites