Category:Library of Tibetan Works & Archives
Library of Tibetan Works & Archives
- To preserve, promote and disseminate Tibetan culture
- To acquire, preserve and conserve Tibetan Books and Manuscripts
- To provide reading materials and intensive reference services
- To provide and publish bibliographies and documentation list
- To provide, publish and supply copies of reference materials
- To act as a comprehensive reference centre for Tibetan studies.
The LTWA also serves as a repository for Tibetan artefacts, statues, manuscripts, Thangkas (traditional scroll paintings), photographs and a variety of other resources attributing to Tibetan culture. It is not only a library, a museum and an archive but also an academic institute where cultural and educational courses are offered regularly and where seminars, conferences, workshops and lecture series are held, providing wider avenues of learning and sharing the knowledge that help promote an environment fostering research and an exchange of knowledge among scholars, researchers, students and interested general public. From just small three sections in its infancy the LTWA has grown into a full-fledged cultural and academic establishment with ten separate specialised departments.
This category currently contains no pages or media.