Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen was born in Trakar, Nepal, near the Tibetan border. He completed 10 years of traditional scholastic training at Karma Shri Nalanda Institute at Rumtek Monastery, Sikkim, India, graduating as acharya with honours (graduated in the same class as Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche). This was followed by traditional yogic training in the first three-year retreat to be conducted at Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's monastery in Pullahari, Nepal.
Following the advice of Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche, Lama Tenpa taught at various Kagyu centers in Europe (Teksum Tashi Choling in Hamburg, Germany), at Nitartha, and centers in Canada. In 2004 he moved to Boulder, CO and began teaching at Naropa University. He retired from Naropa in 2020.
1 Library Items
Affiliations & relations
- Naropa University · workplace affiliation
- Nītārtha Institute · secondary affiliation
- Karma Kagyu · religious affiliation
- Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche · teacher
- Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche · teacher