Jo nang chos rje yon tan rgya mtsho
Year of the Male Iron Monkey, 4th sexagenary cycle.
He visited various other places and received teachings from many masters of tantra. At Sakya Monastery (sa skya dgon) he became a disciple and the main assistant teacher for the Sakya master Sharpa Jamyang Chenpo Rinchen Gyeltsen (shar pa 'jam dbyangs chen po rin chen rgyal mtshan, d.u.), who served as the Tenth Sakya Tridzin (sa skya khri 'dzin) for eighteen years beginning in 1287. From Jamyang Chenpo he received many teachings such as the Tantra Trilogy of Hevajra and the related oral instructions, and the Mahāyāna treatises of the Pramāṇavārttika, Abhisamayālaṃkāra, and Bodhisattvacaryāvatāra.
From Jamyang Chenpo's elder brother, the Kālacakra expert Dukorwa Yeshe Rinchen (dus 'khor ba ye shes rin chen, 1248-1294), Yonten Gyatso received teachings such as the Kālacakra Tantra, the Hevajra Tantra, and the Abhisamayālaṃkāra. He was also required to go as Yeshe Rinchen's attendent to the imperial court of Kubilai Khan in China.
On the topic of this person
- མཁས་བཙུན་ཡོན་ཏན་རྒྱ་མཚོ་ · other names (Tibetan)
- མཁས་པ་ཡོན་ཏན་རྒྱ་མཚོ་ · other names (Tibetan)
- ཇོ་ནང་གདན་རབས་༠༣་ · other names (Tibetan)
- mkhas btsun yon tan rgya mtsho · other names (Wylie)
- mkhas pa yon tan rgya mtsho · other names (Wylie)
- jo nang gdan rabs 03 · other names (Wylie)
Affiliations & relations
- Jonang · religious affiliation
- Third Throne Holder of Jonang Monastery · primary professional affiliation
- Kun spangs thugs rje brtson 'grus · teacher
- byang sems rgyal ba ye shes · teacher
- Dol po pa · student
- kun spangs chos grags dpal bzang · student