Dam chos dgongs pa gcig pa
One of the core texts of the Drikung Kagyu tradition that is reported to be the oral teachings of Jikten Gönpo that were written down and edited together by his student Sherab Jungne. Although not all manuscripts are alike, a beautiful reproduction from Garchen Stiftung (2015) that was studied by Dr. Jan-Ulrich Sobisch contains the following chapter topics:
- (1) Pure View, Practice, and Conduct
- (2-4) The Three Vows
- (5) Three Dharma Wheels
- (6) Dependent Origination
- (7) The Resultant Stage of Buddhahood
Access this text online
Translations of This Text
- Viehbeck, Markus, trans. Gongchig: The Single Intent, the Sacred Dharma. By Jigten Sumgon ('jig rten gsum mgon). With commentary entitled The Lamp Dispelling the Darkness by Rigdzin Chökyi Dragpa (rig 'dzin chos kyi grags pa). Munich: Otter Verlag, 2009.
- Sobisch, Jan-Ulrich, trans. The Buddha's Single Intention: Drigung Kyobpa Jikten Sumgön's Vajra Statements of the Early Kagyü Tradition. Somerville, MA: Wisdom Publications, 2020.
- Dorje Sherab (rdo rje shes rab). Illuminator, a Light of Gnosis: The Great Commentary on the Single Intention (dGongs gcig 'grel chen snang mdzad ye shes sgron me). With an Introduction by Jan-Ulrich Sobisch. The Manuscript at the Musée Guimet in Paris Brought to France by Alexandra David-Néel. Reproduction of the Manuscript in Its Original Size and Colors. Munich: Edition Garchen Stiftung, 2015.
- Nielsen, Solvej Hyveled, trans. The Single Intention: The Root Text, a Commentary by Khenpo Kunpal, and an Overview by Rinchen Jangchub. Munich, Germany: Garchen Sriftung, 2022.
Recensions of This Text
Philosophical positions of this text
|Other Titles||~ dgongs gcig|
~ dgongs gcig gi rtsa tshig
~ dam chos dgongs pa gcig pa'i rtsa tshig rdo rje'i gsung brgya lnga bcu pa
~ 'bri gung dgongs gcig
|Commentaries on this text||