Category:Arbeitskreis für Tibetische und Buddhistische Studien Universität Wien
(Redirected from Arbeitskreis für Tibetische und Buddhistische Studien Universität Wien)
Arbeitskreis für Tibetische und Buddhistische Studien Universität Wien
About the Institute of South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies:
- Founded in 2000, the Institute for South Asian Studies, Tibetology and Buddhist Studies is dedicated to research and knowledge transfer in the three areas mentioned in the institute's name and has a rich history spanning more than 150 years at the University of Vienna. One of the institute's main goals is to familiarize students with a wide range of courses on languages, cultures and society in South Asia and Tibet, as well as the wider world of Buddhism, taking into account various research methods. Website
- The WSTB is a peer-reviewed academic monograph series published by the "Arbeitskreis für Tibetische und Buddhistische Studien" (Association for Tibetan and Buddhist Studies), a non-profit organisation hosted at the Institute for South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies of the University of Vienna in Austria.
- Since the foundation of the Association in 1977, the series was edited by Ernst Steinkellner. The editorship was transferred to a team comprised of Birgit Kellner, Helmut Krasser and Helmut Tauscher in 2004.
- In 2007, on the occasion of Steinkellner's 70th birthday, a Festschrift appeared as no. 70 of the series, in two volumes. The introduction "Ernst Steinkellner: Imprints and Echoes" and the tables of contents are available for download here.
- After the untimely passing of Helmut Krasser and Helmut Tauscher's retirement from the University of Vienna, a new editorial team was formed, consisting of Birgit Kellner, Klaus-Dieter Mathes and Michael Torsten Wieser-Much. Website
Pages in category "Arbeitskreis für Tibetische und Buddhistische Studien Universität Wien"
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.