'bri gung skyob pa 'jig rten mgon po
tsu ngu (khams)
40th day ,15th month , Year of the Female Water Pig, 2nd sexagenary cycle.
He was born to an illustrious clan called the Kyura (skyu ra) at a town in Kham called Tsungu (tsu ngu), in 1123. He studied with teachers from many traditions and completed many years of retreat, after which he took monastic vows in 1177...
"...Jikten Gonpo and his Drigung lineage are best known for the set of teachings known as The Five Profound Paths of Mahāmudrā (phyag chen lnga ldan). Some of his sayings were collected by Sherab Jungne into what is known as the Single Intention (dgongs gcig), teachings of a profoundly philosophical character further developed in commentarial works written in the following generation. Some of Jikten Gonpo's teachings were collected by yet another disciple into what is known as the Heart of the Great Vehicle's Teachings (theg chen bstan pa'i snying po)..."
4 Library Items
On the topic of this person
Philosophical positions of this person
- འཇིག་རྟེན་མགོན་པོ་ · other names (Tibetan)
- རིན་ཆེན་དཔལ་ · other names (Tibetan)
- འཇིག་རྟེན་གསུམ་མགོན་ · other names (Tibetan)
- འབྲི་གུང་གདན་རབས་༠༡་ · other names (Tibetan)
- 'jig rten mgon po · other names (Wylie)
- rin chen dpal · other names (Wylie)
- 'jig rten gsum mgon · other names (Wylie)
- 'bri gung gdan rabs 01 · other names (Wylie)
Affiliations & relations
- Drikung Kagyu · religious affiliation
- phag mo gru pa rdo rje rgyal po · teacher
- 'bri gung spyan snga shes rab 'byung gnas · student
- Rdo rje shes rab · student